There are so many things to love about the fall season. Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Apple Cider Donuts, the cool crisp air after a long hot and humid summer in the city. Not to mention the beautiful displays in nature kicked off by the spectacular fall foliage. And with the cool air comes the switch from light weight tee’s and bright colors to the darker hues matched with the soft and cozy layers of cotton, cashmere and wool.
To cap it all off, it’s also the season in which I arrived on the planet!
So in honor of all things fall-nifigant, here’s my official list of the top five things to do, see and eat during this fabulous season.
5. Go pumpkin and apple picking.
4. Take a scroll through the park and enjoy the foliage.
3. Whip up some banana bread and gingerbread (Trader Joes has some ready good box mixes) grab or make some apple cider and/ or pumpkin spiced lattes and invite some friends over for Sunday brunch.
2. Take your dog or even cat out to the nearest big tree and watch them have fun running and crunching in the fallen leaves. Don’t have a dog, go to a nearby dog run or better yet take your kids and play in the leaves with them.
1. Pull out your favorite sweaters, leggings and tall boots (over the knee ones are on trend this season) and get out and enjoy the weather as much as you can before the temperature drops and the snow arrives.